it's gonna be a trip!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Say hi to Bill and Malinda for us

So after desperately searching for Mike for around two hours near where I had last seen him (because I had given him the wrong phone number to call), I exhaustedly gave up and called Daron Showalter, who we've stayed with in Seattle, and went to his place. After a bit of unwinding, I decided I better send Mike an e-mail as a last-ditch effort. Fortunately, he happened to be checking email and then called Daron immediately, so we were able to go to sleep knowing where the other was...and we made like eight backup plans just in case.

In the morning Daron and I headed over to Anna and Luke's to get Mike. We chatted for a few minutes, realizing that having been in Seattle for less than a day, the three people we knew worked for Microsoft and Starbucks. Way too appropriate. From there we headed into downtown and checked out Pike Street Market, where the original Starbucks store is located, including the unmodest and original mermaid logo. My cuz Jeremy met up with us and we had lunch at Ivar's (fastfood fish). Good shiite. We also almost got some free starbucks, as some employee was standing around outside with a big tray of stuff. But as we waited for the light to change a tour group of fifty people got there first and the stuff was gone instantaneously. So, we mosied on to a bookstore and the public library, with its crazy geodesic exterior and kubrieque red floor of death. Later we toodled up to Fremont, where Daron lives, hit up four pubs, played on giant statue of Vladimir Lenin, had pizza and mac-n-cheese for supper, while playing original Mario Bros. Just a really solid evening.

Yesterday, I drove with Jeremy to Tacoma for my sister's graduation from Pacific Lutheran University. Got a lovely tour of the campus. She also treated me to a Mariner's game on Friday for my b-day (very sweet, and the second ballpark I've now seen on the west coast). Great as it was to see her graduate (BA in Communication with a Spanish minor, for those who are curious), I really think commencements need more pep, like roudy Nascar or British football fans and pyrotechnics, something.... Today in Seattle it is drizzling. Stan returns this afternoon. Tonight we watch two game sevens, Suns/Clips and Mavs/Spurs. Tomorrow we had to Bellingham, then Vancouver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home